H.E.L.F. takes seriously the health and safety of all Institute participants. In preparation for a safe and successful Institute, significant measures have been taken to ensure compliance with CDC, state, and local regulations. As information on the virus and mandates evolve, some of the guidance below may change. We will update this section to provide the most current information and directives.
COVID-19 Safety FAQ
What will be required of participants?
All participants will be required to:
- Wear a proper face covering/mask that completely covers the nose and mouth (Face shields should only be worn in combination with a face mask).
- Maintain physical and social distance from other participants.
- Do not attend the Institute if you feel sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, been in recent contact (14 days) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or recently tested positive for COVID-19.
Are face masks required?
- Yes, face coverings/masks are required to be worn at all times.
- All Institute participants will be provided N95 masks and hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Masks should fully cover the mouth and nose and shall be properly worn. Face shields should only be worn in combination with a face mask and not as a substitute for a face mask.
What is the Institute occupant capacity?
Capacity in our event space will be limited in accordance with CDC and state guidelines, as well as those set by H.E.L.F. Currently, our Institute capacity for new fellows is 50 people.
What if I’m experiencing symptoms before traveling?
Do not attend the Institute if you feel sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, been in recent contact (14 days) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or recently tested positive for COVID-19.
What safety measures should I take in preparation for travel to the Institute?
It is recommended (not required) that participants take a COVID-19 test 72 hrs. prior to departure.
Am I required to take a COVID-19 screening once I arrive to Wiley College?
Daily COVID-19 symptom checks and temperature readings will be administered prior to the start of the first session each day. Participants will have access to rapid COVID-19 testing as needed.
What will be done to promote physical and social distancing during sessions?
Participant seating will be spaced out to provide for proper physical distancing. In addition, doors and walkways will be labeled to dictate ingress and egress for traffic flow.
What precautions are being taken for food service?
All food will be individually boxed or wrapped. Physical distancing will be kept in lines, and where necessary, staff will be on-hand to serve guests.
What precautions will be taken for lodging safety?
Participants will be lodged in single rooms at facilities with confirmed compliance to CDC, state, and local occupancy guidelines.
Will the facilities designated for the Institute be disinfected?
All open surfaces where participants will meet will be disinfected before the Institute. Common areas will be sanitized daily in between breaks and at the end of the day.
What if I experience symptoms during the Institute?
The Wiley College Director of Health Services will be available from 8-5pm for any medical consultation needs.
After 5:00pm, participants will have access to local medical services. Detailed information provided here:
711 E End Blvd S, Marshall, TX 75670
Christus Good Shepherd Medical Center
811 S Washington Ave, Marshall, TX 75670